- This event has passed.
Pathways’ Pop Up Prom Boutique
February 9, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm UTC+0
Ladies, if not having a beautiful dress is keeping you from attending the Pathways Academy Homeschool Prom, then we invite you to come say, “Yes to the Prom Dress” during the Pathways’ Pop Up Dress Boutique to be held on Friday, February 9, 2018 from 9-1pm at the New Foundations Co-Op Building on the campus of The Church at Will’s Creek (2730 Wills Creek Rd, Gadsden, AL 35904). Dress selections will be available on first-come, first-served basis.
PLEASE NOTE: The New Foundations Co-Op is held in the building to the left of the church with the playground in front. Please drive carefully because this is also the location of Coosa Christian School and the high school dismisses early on Friday afternoons.
Young ladies who are planning to attend the Pathways’ Homeschool Prom may borrow one dress from the Pathways’ Prom Closet for a $30 rental fee.** $15 of the rental cost will be reimbursed to students when the borrowed dress is returned in good condition to the Pathways’ Resource Center by March 15, 2018. The remainder of the rental fee will be used to dry clean and store the dress until next year’s prom. Cash, checks, and credit card payments will be accepted.
Prior to Attending the Pop Up Boutique, Please Read and Review the Following Policies Very Carefully! ~
• 1. Each young lady must be currently homeschooled, at least 13 years of age, and must be present at the event.
• 2. Absolutely No Food, Drink, or Gum chewing will be allowed during this event. Please keep all make-up to a minimum so as to not leave stains on the dresses.
• 3. To insure a proper fit, please try to make note of your dress size before coming to the event. (Formal gowns usually run smaller than regular sizes.)
• 4. Each young lady is encouraged to bring at least ONE ADULT FEMALE (mother, grandmother, aunt, etc.) to help our adult volunteers look for and try on dresses.
• 5. Please Check-In upon arrival. Dress selections will be made on a first come, first served basis. Please give yourself as much time as possible to find a suitable dress. Selecting and trying on dresses will take time as we share dresses and changing rooms.
• 6. Our adult volunteers will serve as dress fitters and make the final decision on how well a dress fits. If a dress is determined to be in violation of the dress code, a more appropriate dress for your body type will need to be selected (if dress availability permits.)
• 7. Only 2 dresses can be taken into a changing room at one time. Young ladies may then make 2 more selections and wait for an available changing room.
• 8. Minor alterations will be made as necessary – fixing
a snap, sash, button, adjusting a hemline, etc. However, we cannot alter the dress size.
• 9. Young ladies will be allowed to rent one dress to be worn for the Pathways’ Homeschool prom on March 3, 2018.
• 10. Once a young lady rents and signs out a dress to borrow, no exchanges will be made. The dress must be returned in good condition to the Pathways Academy Resource Center no later than 4pm on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
PROM NOTES: The Pathways’ Prom Dress Code is Semi-Formal / Sunday best attire. All attendees are expected to dress modestly and adhere to the following…
LADIES DRESS CODE:
Undergarments should be worn, but cannot be visible.
Strapless dresses are allowed, but cleavage should be covered. (Garment tape and the proper undergarments are strongly encouraged. Walking and dancing may enable dresses to stretch or move out of place and cause uncomfortable situations to occur.)
NO 2 piece dresses with an exposed midriff. If the dress is 2 piece, the top and bottom must overlap and the young lady must be able to raise her arms without her midriff being exposed.
NO plunging neckline.
NO plunging back (back can be no lower than a line drawn from your navel to your back). NO super short dresses (Hem must be no shorter than 4 inches from the top of the kneecap and the young lady must be able to bend over without undergarments being revealed.)
NO Cut Outs which expose skin in inappropriate places (even if it is covered by nude fabricl)
NO dress slits higher than 4 inches from the knee.
NO super tight dresses.
NO formal trousers or Menswear (Young ladies may wear leggings under a dress or flowy shirt as long as the shirt or dress is no shorter than 4 inches from their kneecap. Women’s style jumpsuits, dress pants, and dressy culottes may also be worn. NO jeans or meanswear allowed.)
No more than one facial piercing may be worn. Clear plugs may be worn. Offensive tattoos must be covered by make-up or bandages.
For more information about the Pathways’ Homeschool Prom, please visit our Prom Page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/pathwaysprom/
OR view the Prom page here on our school website: http://pathways-academy.org/homeschoolprom/.
We look forward to seeing all of our area homeschool teens and their guests having fun at the Homeschool Prom 2018: Moonlight Serenade, hosted by Pathways Academy on Saturday, March 3, 2018 from 6pm-10pm at 2730 Wills Creek Rd, Gadsden, AL 35904.